Health & Safety
Download: OHSAS 18001 Safety Cert
Download: Safe T Cert
Download: IOSH Letter
Moriarty operates in the hazardous construction and Civil Engineering industry where close attention to work practices is required to ensure the safety of all personnel associated with its activities. It recognises its responsibilities, to comply with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005, by providing as safe a place of work as is reasonably practicable.
In addition to the moral responsibilities to take reasonable care of all its employees, Moriarty has prepared a company safety statement to comply with Section 20 of the 2005 Act and has established the following policy items:
read more » close
- To ensure the Safety, Health and Welfare at work of all our employees, in so far as is reasonably practicable.
- To ensure the people, not in our employment, who may be affected by our work activities, are not thereby exposed to risks to their safety and health.
- To comply with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act (Construction) Regulations 2013 and (General Application) Regulations 2007
- To distribute a Company Safety Statement to all sites and update its contents to include safety measures necessary for hazards specific to each site.
- To notify employees and sub-contractors personnel of their responsibilities in regard to Safety, Health and Welfare and take account of any representations made, as far as is reasonably practical.
- To make available information, instruction, training and supervision for the safe working practices, as detailed in the Safety Statement to our entire workforce and to do everything reasonable to ensure sub-contractors are similarly informed
- To assess the effectiveness and implementation of the Safety Statement annually and ensure that all necessary resources, structures and procedures are in place to allow effective implementation of this safety policy.
It is the duty of all personnel, both morally and legally, to maintain our own safety and the safety of others. To assist in this responsibility, the Company Safety Statement shall be brought to the attention of and made accessible to all Moriarty employees and sub-contractors so that they will know all safe work procedures necessary to ensure safety, health and welfare at work.
The company aims to achieve continuous improvement in all aspects of workplace safety health & welfare and to implement a recognized certified Safety Management System.